The Los Angeles Cannabis Task Force is dedicated to creating a fair and vibrant cannabis industry in the City of Los Angeles by establishing a safe, lawful, and responsible local licensing system that aligns with the business and license categories authorized by California state law.
The Los Angeles Cannabis Task Force is a home for everyone across cannabis market sectors and license types. Our agenda is to speak with one powerful voice to create a diverse, fair cannabis industry in the City of Los Angeles.
On March 7, 2017 we made history with the passage of Measure M. The result of over a year of hard work by the Task Force and other key organizations—including the UCBA Trade Association, Cultivators Alliance, Los Angeles Delivery Alliance, GLACA, California Minority Alliance and the Southern California Coalition—Measure M lays the foundation for:
- Business licenses
- Compliance and oversight
- Penalties for violations and illegal businesses
- Minority participation
- Tax revenues to benefit the whole community
As the City Council develops its licensing criteria, we will continue to make our voices heard to ensure:
- Alignment of local and state laws
- An inclusive and fair market that’s open to both longtime business owners and new entrepreneurs
- Job creation for people of all ethnicities, genders, and economic backgrounds
- Access for every patient and citizen to safe and affordable medical cannabis
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Stay up to date with the latest developments in Los Angeles medical cannabis regulations.