MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD
Sign the form below to make your voice heard by your elected officials.
I SUPPORT AN INCLUSIVE CANNABIS INDUSTRY THAT IS ALIGNED WITH STATE LAW.
The Los Angeles Cannabis Task Force Asks City Council for these reforms:
- Develop a merit-based licensing system in all categories compliant with MCRSA.
- Create market diversity by allowing people of color as well as small and medium-sized businesses to obtain permits.
- Create an LA Office of Medical Cannabis Regulation, with an Executive Director, to develop and oversee local licensing and permits.
- Transfer to this new agency, the principal responsibility and enforcement duties regarding regulatory compliance, away from the City Attorney’s Office and the LAPD.
- Establish a City Commission composed of law enforcement, public health, and stakeholders to resolve disputes and appeals of license revocations/denials.
- Require public transparency of sales and production by licensed facilities and operators to provide an audit trail for regulators.
- Examine licensing of storefront dispensaries based on the needs of the marketplace and zoning considerations, without limiting to Pre-ICO dispensaries.
- License delivery services that are not associated with storefront dispensaries.
- Establish a process for the public to participate in the development of the staff report to the Council, with public hearing(s) where key stakeholders may be heard.
Do you have ideas, input, or questions to help fix medical cannabis in Los Angeles? Connect with us.
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Stay up to date with the latest developments in Los Angeles medical cannabis regulations.