To create a fair and vibrant cannabis industry in the City of Los Angeles, we are requesting Mayor Garcetti and the City Council to:
Task Force Guidance RE: MCRSA Compliant Licensing
- Create a LA Office of Medical Cannabis Regulation, with an Executive Director, to develop and oversee local licensing and permits.
- Transfer the principal responsibility and enforcement duties regarding regulatory compliance from the City Attorney’s Office and the LAPD to this new agency.
- Establish a City Commission composed of law enforcement, public health, and stakeholders to resolve disputes and appeals of license revocations/denials.
- Require public transparency of sales and production by licensed facilities and operators to provide an audit trail for regulators.
- Develop a merit based local licensing system.
- Licensed business category, separate from any retail storefront operation.
- Sensible restrictions and operating standards to preserve driver safety and consumer protection.
- Prior operation of delivery service in the City not an automatic disqualification for licensing.
- Licenses for infusion of edibles in the same zones as other food processors and manufacturers.
- Cottage food licenses available for small home operators.
- Sensitive use restrictions consistent with other similar industries.
- Merit based licensing, no preferential priority treatment.
- License opportunities for additional dispensaries including non Pre-ICO dispensaries.
- Prior operation of dispensary not compliant with Prop D not an automatic license dis-qualifier.
- Limit growth through organic restrictions such as zoning, sensitive use restrictions, and objective data on consumer demand and usage patterns.
- Merit based system, no preferential priority treatment.
- Space and canopy size limits consistent with MMRSA.
- Common sense zoning and security requirements.
- Approval by Planning of layout, to ensure safety.
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Stay up to date with the latest developments in Los Angeles medical cannabis regulations.